CMR 0.00% 15.0¢ compass resources limited

David,From memory, the plant was able to recover some metals,...

1. 177 Posts.
    David,

From memory, the plant was able to recover some metals, not others.

Many of the CMR shareholders just want an explanation of what went so wrong commissioning the plant. CMR chose not to run a pilot plant before committing to an unproven leaching method, Resin In Pulp (RIP) which involves he use of ion exchange resins. I recall some problems with screens during the first weeks of operation. Is it possible the resin was too unstable unstable hence passing through the screens and carrying the minerals to tails??? Maybe it was clogging the screens and the leaching circuit couldn't cope with the required flow of slurry.

pst. Is there something you know???

It "appears" Hunan have given up trying to turn the mine around. Maybe Hunan don't want to work with the pirates.

I think a full explanation would be necessary in order to raise more capital from shareholders. If the pirates and or liquidators intend to on-sell the assets, it would be in their best interests not to disclose the nature of the metallurgical issues unless they can be easily resolved.

Without a full explanation, I fear the project metallurgical issues are too difficult or too expensive to resolve.

I would love to hear otherwise. If anybody here knows, please share.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CMR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.