how much board to charge children, page-24

1. 222 Posts.
    Housing is so expensive these days that if the son/daughter is forced to leave home and go into the rental market it will be a lot more tougher to get to the stage to be able to buy a house.

I liked someones idea of keeping it and giving it to them later for a house deposit.

In my view the idea of family is to help each other and be a unit and living at home can make the children a lot more financially stronger and the family as a whole more financially stronger. When parents get older, the children can then be in a better position and also look after the parents.

I was lucky enough to be able to stay at home long enough to save a house deposit. If I were put out into the rental market the reality is I would still be paying somebody elses mortgage off instead of my own.

However, I did buy groceries for everyone, wash my own clothes, share cooking, wash dishes, look after myself and give money to my mum from time to time and let my mum use my car (more than I actually used it myself). When I left home I actually thought my parents would be financially worse off and they had to get another car.

I've never understood why people have children in the first place if they only want to do the parenting thing until they turn 18 then complain later when they get put in a home. :-D

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.