VCR ventracor limited

AIMD,Crosby has scientific credibility and has a lot of...

1. 12 Posts.
    AIMD,

Crosby has scientific credibility and has a lot of experience/contacts in this area. Something that will be needed if the implant rate is to be increased (which was happening at a considerable rate over the past two years).

I don't think you can say that he has been the main architect in Ventracor's downfall. He has done a good job in terms of increasing revenues and implant rates, however, he does not possess, in my opinion, the business acumen that Spooner does. Hence, I think maintaining a 'scientist' and a 'businessman' in key positions of a Biotech company is a good formula for success. The businessman deals with the business and the scientist with the science.

I think this is necessary, in that Crosby made some bad business decisions. Turning down a capital injection last year could quite possibly be the worst move he and the board have made.

The TED spread (indicates liquidity and perceived level of default risk in markets) traded at 3-4 times the normal level for most of last year and skyrocketed at the end of the year when the crisis became clear. Would a businessman knock back cash based on the share price being too low, when credit is becoming less and less accessable? I don't think so.

Crosby doesn't understand the business aspect or have the corporate contacts like Spooner does. But I doubt Spooner understands the Scientific community like Crosby does, which is why we should endeavour to have both if possible. It gives the company credibility in both areas.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VCR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.