VCR ventracor limited

how much could we raise in a new spp?, page-20

1. 12 Posts.
    AIMD,

VCR aren't 'ignoring' Europe. In saying that though, it isn't the number one priority. The reason they are focusing on the US and getting it all done and dusted is to generate cashflow.. something that shareholders are demanding and rightly so. The US Medicare system allows for reimbursement.

Crosby can't walk into Europe and set up a reimbursement schemes. Unless he is a minister for Healthcare somewhere. Yes, essentially you have the same market in the US and Europe. However, in one market (the US), the product is essentially free for the people having the device implanted. In the other (Europe), the device costs around US$100,000 from memory. That money has to come out of the consumer's pocket in most cases. Where do you think there is going to be a greater uptake? The company has limited cash and is therefore focusing its efforts on the market where there will be a greater uptake of the device due to the reimbursement scheme ALREADY available in the US. I can't remember how long ago they lodged an application for reimbursement in Australia but that still hasn't been approved. Those things are out of VCR's hands.

Your statment regarding US Destination Therapy implants is false. The first US DT Trial implant was undertaken in September 2007. Use the link provided below. http://www.ventracor.com/ventracor/ventcor_achievements.asp I will also refer you to page 5 of the 2008 Financial Report (Review of operations and results (continued)Destination Therapy trial) on the Ventracor website, which states that, "There are now 45 patients enrolled in this trial (a combination of patients implanted with the VentrAssist LVAD and patients in the control arm)." The FDA granted conditional approval for the DT Trial in December 2006 and unconditional approval in March 2008.

I honestly feel very sorry for the people who are being severely affected by Ventracor's downfall. I really do. I think this DOCA should get approved by the creditors ahead of the US bidder, given the fact that the general feeling will probably be that they would prefer Australian ownership. And I would also like to thank 'Save Ventracor' group for registering a website so that we can be regularly informed. Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VCR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.