OGX 0.00% 0.3¢ orinoco gold limited

How much gold are we talking

1. 531 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 146
    Hello all,

Now that OGX is on the verge of actually producing gold on an economic basis, I thought I would create a new thread dedicated to discussing the potential gold production rates we are talking about. I'll preface this by saying I am by no means an expert, and want everyone reading this to criticise my assumptions so that we can work out the real value of OGX (ie. remove the rose tinted glasses, or the incessant negativity). I've made some quick calculations below and would love if people could give me feedback (I suspect this calculation may be flawed due to an incorrect assumption).

So to start off:

Tonnes per hour = 25 (assuming just mill 3 operating at full capacity)

Tonnes processed per year = 219000

Gold grams per tonne = 25.33 average grade (from “Further High Grade Processed Through the Hammer Mills” announcement)

Gold ounces produced = 219,000 * 25.33/28.34 = 242,801

Gold price (AUD) = $1700

Revenue = $1700 * 242,801 = $412 million

Operating costs per tonne (AISC) = $550 (taken from youtube video on the "fundamentals" thread)

Total operating costs = $120 million

Annual Profit = $292 million

To me, this seems a bit unrealistic (ie. constantly running the mill 24/7/365). Also some profit will be reinvested in mine development and exploration. If anyone can poke holes in this feel free to do so, I'm on HC to learn from knowledgeable investors.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.