how much have the waiters lost, page-137

1. 2,167 Posts.
    Thanks Malaga for providing some points without the personal attacks along with it! haha.

I do agree - these guys who owned this land are certainly doing well now, but do you think that people all may want certain things, but what they want and what they can get are sometimes two different things. People are struggling even on dual incomes it seems... How can people afford more debt when we have a rising unemployment rate and massive companies pulling out from under us, laying off thousands of people at a time. (something I kept saying the past 3 years when people said they want pay rises, I told them, do they want a pay rise to feel good about it for 2 months, then want another pay rise to feel good again...? because these pay rises will eventually end up destroying industries as companies will no longer employ staff who are getting more expensive, more of a liability and less productive... nobody would listen to me either, but now we see two car companies and probably a third, an airline, a large mining company, the list goes on...all shutting down due to wages being a stupidly high levels, like I said it would) ... thing is, if wages have to eventually go down to make our economy sustainable and bring down living costs (TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY WAGES SHOULDN'T GO DOWN...BARE IN MIND YOUR LIFESTYLE WILL NOT CHANGE, BECAUSE LIVING COSTS WILL ALSO COME DOWN, BUT AT LEAST WE CAN COMPETE ON A GLOBAL SCALE IN MANUFACTURING) how do people borrow more with rising unemployment and wages falling? to be able to then buy these already expensive houses that families are already struggling to afford?

If we were having this conversation 15 years ago I would agree with you, this guy bought in on a great deal... but I am looking at today, and I don't see how there is possibly more room for decent profits on buying houses (talking real profits..minus all outgoings including interest)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.