CTP 0.00% 5.0¢ central petroleum limited

how much oil is there, page-146

1. 1,972 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 580
    I am not saying he is hiding the report logs but I doubt that CTP will release the full drillers report with a complete set of data...unless pressed...we might get a glossed over precis,but that will not give me,personally, much satifaction.

Will we ever get a full analysis of the drilling stuff ups?
    ..you know..the cause of the various problems at O2 and JW1 and what remedial action has been taken to prevent further stuck pipes/jammed parts...is there a problem with the crew? is the rig up to scratch? what is the compostion of the drilling fluid (mud) and the rationale behind the use of a certain mud mixture for the Surprise well and what was the rationale behind the mud mix for JW1 and did it cause the lack of flow.

The time/depth chart tells me nothing apart from where they are at on any day.Forget the strata/formation interval bar on the chart...it's only indicative and has little bearing to the daily reality.

You will see from that report link I put up, that the common oil bearing intervals/formations for most of the wells drilled in the Amadeus,including the producers are The Stairway/Pacoota/Horn valley siltstone . This is what CTP is targetting in Surprise as it was the JW1 well...They have a few more holes to drill after Surprise for oil and hopefully one might be declared commercial.

Pages 71 and 72 of that report will give you the KISS pictorial representation of the well/holes drilled in the Amadeus basin and note the formation intervals that are commmon to non producers and producers.

Just keep drilling and hopefully sooner rather than later the oil in commercial quantities will be found in Amadeus tight as it is!

Maybe they should be drilling the ex pancontintinental Unbandita site. Oil find at 755mts (shallow) and good perm/porosity reading esp perm (see page 57),it was classified as uneconomic and left alone....maybe it's been redrilled by someone else!

The more you drill in a producing basin the better your chances of a commercial find...providing you know how to drill properly in tight formations.

I've had to come back to this post a few times due to Caulfield cup day races and replenishing depleting beer supplies....No time to edit..hope it makes sense to you...if it doesn't have a beer!

Cheers

HR

No advice..it's your money.. DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $37.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.0¢ 5.0¢ $3K 60K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 200979 4.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.0¢ 14203 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.02am 13/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.