CTP 0.00% 5.0¢ central petroleum limited

All,Not sure why there is lingering and persistent interest in...

1. 5,948 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 371
    All,

Not sure why there is lingering and persistent interest in CTP's coal. We will all be long gone and broke before there is a dollar received from it.

Exergen website gives the heart of their technology:
    ============
    "The use of gravitational pressure and high heat recovery design leads to using less than 2% of the coal?s energy to achieve greater than 60% reduction in water content for Victorian lignites.

The chemical decarboxylation reaction permanently transforms the coal from being water attracting to water repelling, both increasing its energy density and making water separation processing easier and more effective.

The carbon dioxide removed from the coal is pure enough to be sequestration ready.""
    ===========

By digging up CTP's coal (say from a low cost open cut brown coal mine) the pulverised coal would be sent down a deep pipe and the high pressure and a little temperature at the bottom converts the coal. The coal is de carboxylated i.e the R-COOH in the coal is reduced to R-H and CO2. The R is a long chain carbon string and so containing less "CO2" the whole character of the coal is changed, sort of artificially aged.

The actual method is extremely simple engineering, and in a way quite clever. No need to side track into it.

What value for CTP? None. We don't have low cost easily extracted coal. The future of carbon trading means add $60/tonne CO2 to the high cost of extraction of the coal. Of course the extracted raw coal needs to be pulverised for the process, add more cost. Then the coal "dust/particles" need to be briquetted..oops more cost. That is why the technology is centred in Victorian brown coal fields.

The End.

I do not expect any TU for advice..as like many others only blind enthusiasm counts. Lets stick to what is essential. Find some bloody oil. Quickly. Pretty please with cream and cherries on top.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $37.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.0¢ 5.0¢ $3K 60K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 200979 4.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.0¢ 14203 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.02am 13/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.