My daughter had a baby 15 months ago now and was born 3 months...

1. 6,682 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    My daughter had a baby 15 months ago now and was born 3 months premature, was touch and go for a while but all is good now.

Now getting into the baby milk talk here.

From when my daughter gave birth she was told to express milk every few hours just like you were feeding a normal baby.
    Anyway any excess milk which she had and there was a lot due to the little amount the baby could take, would be put in the hospital fridge and at home she had to buy a small fridge to keep all that as well.
    Anyway cut a long story short by the time the baby was able to breastfeed a little she was still creating more milk.
    When she stopped expressing to store she had nearly 20ltrs in the fridge and donated it all to some preemie milk bank in Brisbane and they were every so thankful they gave her an appreciation letter and said that the milk would feed up to 200 babies in need of mums milk at that early infant stage.

And you are right about breastfeeding, the wife always said when she fed our 4 children that the people that don't breastfeed miss out on so much with the intermittency of the baby.
    I must be getting a bit soft in my older age to be talking about all this.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.