NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

Thanks for the GREAT news birdman. Wow, I knew 3D was coming but...

1. 299 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 141
    Thanks for the GREAT news birdman.

Wow, I knew 3D was coming but this is very impressive "speed to market" if Nearmap is already working with early adopters in the US to roll this out.

I vividly remember they only announced
    "Hypercamera 2 Delivery to the USA" (which forms the backbone of the 3D offering) back in April this year, only 3 months ago.

With the Preliminary Report coming out on 23rd Aug 2017 I know some investors might question the increases of the US expense (caused by their massive growth as a company, in addition to their 2D & 3D capturing investments) in relation to the current revenue levels (which is ONLY from 2D subscriptions). But this video really reassured me that although the expenses might be higher than previous years, the subsequent revenues might also be explosive and we will know 'how explosive' these subsequent revenue streams will be sooner rather later.

As with any business, expense figures on a financial report will lead revenue figures and especially for a rapidly growing company like Nearmap. But rather than simply comparing the magnitude of expense vs revenue at a snapshot in time on the 23rd August I believe it is more appropriate to compare the rates in which both are increasing.

Ultimately if the growth in revenue (year after year) can drastically exceed the growth in expenditure than the company should do very well in the near future.

And examining their cash levels, Nearmap has plenty to get them through these minor short term losses until the lucrative oblique & 3D revenues kick in.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.