FFM 3.57% 81.0¢ firefly metals ltd

jtrain,I agree, Campbell sounds a bit taken aback, as we all...

1. 225 Posts.
    jtrain,

I agree, Campbell sounds a bit taken aback, as we all were I think

I'm pleased that you and other AUT holders have made a motza on this. nothing reluctant about my post.

But a big deal like this is still not necessarily reflective of the underlying economics. There are plenty of large O&G deals that didn't reflect the underlying realities - remember when Sinopec bought AED's Puffin field for $560+ million? The field never produced again

Campbell is right though - it's all about free cashflow, of which AUT have still yet to prove they can make any. Let's see what the 4Q 2013 quarterly results bring. It's still a long term risk, especially if the oil price falls.

There are plenty of recent examples of very large write downs in the shale sector due to sub-economic operations (BG, Shell, Pioneer, BP). These guys are not stupid and they would certainyl know how to operate, and I'm sure they orignially purchased their assets hoping they would make money, but also acknowledging the risks they were taking.

nearly all the major US shale oil & gas producers have a substantial history of making no free cashflow - check out Continental, Halcon, Devon, Cabot, EOG. None of these guys have yet shown consistent free cashflow from operations, despite the collosal production rates and reserves. You can check out the numbers here.

http://csimarket.com/stocks/single_growth_rates.php?code=EOG&cfw

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
81.0¢
Change
-0.030(3.57%)
Mkt cap ! $389.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
79.0¢ 82.0¢ 79.0¢ $1.444M 1.788M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 78805 80.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
82.0¢ 36496 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FFM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.