how old is everyone on hotcopper?, page-17

1. 17,444 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    Anferni

Forget it.

If you retire at 27 after making it trading, then you will be the first in world history.

I have never heard anything so ridiculous.

Everyone needs a profession and/or a business as a base.

If you read about the legendary traders, they all went broke several times and some died broke.

That's OK if you are single but if you have a family then that is irresponsible.

I made 3.5 million from 5,000 in just 18 months when I was young and it was probably the worst thing that ever happened to me.

You may be the exception, but I don't know of anyone that didn't take decades to be consistent at making many in the markets.

It is probably the toughest game in town. Its not just knowledge, it is also understanding youself.

The other factor is that trading is not a rewarding occupation IMO.

There is much more satisfaction from being creative than counting money.

Trading is also very boring, if you do it right. If you find it exciting then you are risking too much and that risk will eventualy wipe you out.

Day trading is a very lonely existence and unless you are an introvert, then that too will get to you.

OK, and you may be the exception. If you go down that road then all the best, but success is proportional to the hard work that leads up to it in any endeavour.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.