How pathetic is our system?, page-87

1. 28,701 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 424
    I suspect that to be far too simplistic and an exaggeration of something which has some truth to it. We have far too few men who elect to become teachers and boys, in particular, are often very much in need of a male role model. If the family is a single parent one, then this problem is enhances, given that it is usually mum as the parent. The male teachers I have worked with did not impress me as being "feminised girly men" but I worked in secondary teaching, where the proportion of males to females is far closer to 50:100, and this is not so in primary schools. In secondary schools, there have been attempts to reduce the predominance of males in the Principal class, so that there are more females. Males also usually take the jobs with additional responsibility, meaning they are less in the classroom, but in more authoritative positions. So, "girly-men" they are not.

Women teachers are leftist. Really? All I know is I had a subject area in which I taught which did not involve teaching political/sexual/etc values. Any teacher transgresses from their area of expertise would soon be outed and sent on their way.
    "Ideological bent"? Really. Never in my life have I read all this leftist accusations and let's hate the politicians stuff until I retired and began posting here. Too busy teaching, I guess. No-one has ever mentioned that I am ideologically "bent" and that I am responsible for "teaching" to my "bent" lol. Sounds silly to me.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.