MSB 1.40% $1.09 mesoblast limited

How recover high losses

1. 7,294 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 564
    Dear friends,

Please allow me help with some contribution reminding of course this is not advice, just sharing my experience and maybe some can find useful.

I started trade exactly because I did a huge loss and since that time a started learn alternatives to recover.

At that time I lost about 3 years to recover my losses and was really hard.
    As such here first lesson

A- will takes time and will be hard.

The second think I believe ca be useful is "stop" imidiately the drain. What that means ? Like in hospital, doctors must prioritise the patient problems... Very frequent, if they are bleeding, stop the bleed is task number one. Doing that help at least blood pressure etcetc.
    Bleed for us means,.. "lose more money".
    Exist a magical recipy... (hard like I told) but work perfectly.
    Stop 100% the holding of shares that is causing such pain. (pointless sell share that are blueships and will not bankrupt tomorrow like they will not increase the price 50% in one day..I'm not talking about that ones. Im talking about any share that involves any level of risk (high or low..
    Please again, i'm not giving advice just trying share my experience.
    Because worst than lose 85% of your asset is lose 86%

B- sell any risk assets

If you do that well.. u start have amazing good news early morning. You just receovered 30% of your loss in one shot... Because your loss will be offset in your taxation, correct ?
    But if you don't have profit to offset? still the loss is there and hopefully you will make this coming year some profit and will be free of tax...
    Good isnt it ?

c- remind your accountant and give him your bank statement and trade fund showing the loss you did.

Some losses are so high and impressive that you need consider the time plan and the paralele efforts.
    Let me give an example....
    If you lose 10K its pretty simple recover if you have 200K assets in other safe shares... Just one year of dividends probablyt cover/
    But if the loss is 100K and you have now 50K in shares (and they are in the risky ones?

Well(again without give advice),cut immidiately the source of bleed,and this is your new capital 50K.And to make 100K of 50K you must consider as follows

10% a year,you must work pretty hard but is perfectly possible. year one (55), year 2- (60.5) year 3 (67) year 4-(74)

Like you can see, this process will takes forever... to come back to inita capital 150K (without consider inflation, opportunity cost etc)

d- put your skills on

Here is the "paralel aspect I mentioned above. U have skill ,could be a cleaner a engineer or whatever... you can be 20 or 80... any time and age people need service.
    If you currently works even better. More hours more days and that can be decisive to recover..
    Imagine u manage to make extra 2k a month in multiple works...
    Means 24 a year+ the 10% lets say 27
    Year one 55+27 = 82
    Year two 82+10% + 27 = 117
    Year three 117+10% + 27= 155
    Year four - voila !!!

A very tempting and obvious question is ...
    -"But if i keep exactly the shares I made the loss, as it , and go ahead with my faith and hope that all will succeed positively and the price will come back, (and not just the "investment price), but even a full profit.

well.. in that case you don't want a plan to recover your money. What you want is "just recover your money, and you rely 100% in the same source that caused you so much pain.

No, doesn't exist answer and nobody in world will tell you what is better what is wrong.

But, yes, we can say easy and obviously...

The plan for sure will give your money back and recover with long term time and hard work.

The hold and pray ?
    Maybe will bring you all or part your money back (but also maybe will bring you to total loss).

Each person must decide in which way you go.

CATO

NOTE- Really please, not advice

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.09
Change
0.015(1.40%)
Mkt cap ! $1.238B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.11 $1.12 $1.08 $11.51M 10.52M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 17804 $1.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.09 230637 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.09
  Change
0.015 ( 1.85 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.10 $1.12 $1.08 1937390
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.