Twist and squirm. NASA said it mjp2 No if's no but's. Boy who...

1. 15,291 Posts.
    Twist and squirm.
    NASA said it mjp2

No if's no but's.
    Boy who cried wolf.  I dont believe much of what is said.

A blog site i found complete with extracts is pretty damning on the shame and embarrassment that GISS has brought NASA

Dr John Theon is a interesting case.  Jim Hansens boss.  A self confessed climate skeptic.  Claims of omitted fundamentals in climate models and data tampering.  This is from EX NASA!  Whilst the link they provide has been wiped furhte googling confirms his statement he made to the senate

https://www.epw.senate.gov/public/i...s-all?ID=1a5e6e32-802a-23ad-40ed-ecd53cd3d320

Funny how anyone who is a skeptic is sacked or retired.  mmmm

Former NASA senior scientist Dr John Theon described his association with Hansen:
    “As Chief of several of NASA Headquarters’ programs (1982-94), an SES position, I was responsible for all weather and climate research in the entire agency, including the research work by James Hansen, Roy Spencer, Joanne Simpson, and several hundred other scientists at NASA field centers, in academia, and in the private sector who worked on climate research.”

Theon commented on the unreliability of computer models used by Hansen and GISS to simulate the climate system:

My own belief concerning anthropogenic climate change is that the models do not realistically simulate the climate system because there are many very important sub-grid scale processes that the models either replicate poorly or completely omit. Furthermore, some scientists have manipulated the observed data to justify their model results. In doing so, they neither explain what they have modified in the observations, nor explain how they did it.” (My emphasis)

Astronaut and physicist Walter Cunningham expressed his concerns about how some climate scientists have been operating at NASA:

“In the last twenty years, I have watched the high standards of science being violated by a few influential climate scientists, including some at NASA, while special interest opportunists have abused our public trust.”
    And:

“Many of NASA’s retirees have grown increasingly concerned that GISS, a NASA organization located in a midtown Manhattan office building, was allowing its science to be politicized, compromising their credibility. Our concern, beyond damage to the NASA’s exemplary reputation, was damage to their current or former scientists and employees, and even compromising the reputation of science itself.”
    Last edited by jopo: 23/11/17

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.