"I don't think any awards have been made by the Nobel committee...

1. 10,515 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 207
    "I don't think any awards have been made by the Nobel committee to climate scientists for climate science, that should tell you something about what real scientists think about it "
    1) every academy of sciences on the planet has supported the IPCC findings
    http://scienceblogs.com/significant...tional-academies-of-science-around-the-world/
    2) Nobel Prizes are almost exclusively awarded for breakthrough science findings. Climate science is predominantly applied science. So there are no major breakthroughs. Because your local bridge builder, who uses applied science, doesn't win a Nobel Prize, that doesn't mean his bridge will fall down.
    Your logic and facts are way off.

"Nobel Laureates have come out and called it nonsense"
    in fact, with a few notable exceptions only, Nobel Laureates support climate science:
    http://time.com/3945630/lindau-nobel-laureates-meetings/
    "
    2011 Physics laureate Brian Schmidt introduced the Mainau Declaration 2015 on Climate Change, signed by 36 Nobel laureates
    "
    Many other Laureates supported the declaration, while not signing it
    "
    One laureate, speaking off the record, explained, “As a citizen, I agree with the conclusion of the declaration, but to sign as a laureate makes me uncomfortable. I felt as a scientist, it would be like signing a research paper I didn’t write.”
    "
    and there is little, if any, soundly based Laureate dissent
    "
    even as Laureates called for unity, one of their own, Ivar Giaever, the 1973 Physics laureate, had used his lecture at Lindau to rehash a handful of well-worn and unrelated points often made by global warming deniers, including how money spent trying to understand, reverse or mitigate global warming would be better spent helping the poor. But it was roundly dismissed by scientists as intellectually lazy.
    "

you need to improve your work in optics because it's making you blinkered and blind
    Last edited by mjp2: 22/11/17

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.