Well, I can see why you've misunderstood. But: First, it's...

1. 10,520 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 207
    Well, I can see why you've misunderstood.

But:

First, it's Trump's stance that he says is catastrophic.
    "
    Dr Crowther, speaking to The Independent, branded Donald Trump’s sceptical stance on climate change as “catastrophic for humanity”.
    "

Secondly he is accurate in saying we have passed a point of no return, that we will have some effects and warming.
    But he also states the impacts can certainly be dampened:
    “It’s fair to say we have passed the point of no return on global warming and we can’t reverse the effects, but certainly we can dampen them,” said the biodiversity expert.

And, if you read the whole article, it finishes with exactly what the IPCC says:
    "
    “I’m an optimist and still believe that it is not too late, but we urgently need to develop a global economy driven by sustainable energy sources and start using CO2, as a substrate, instead of a waste product.
    If this happens by 2050, then we can avoid warming above 2C. If not, we will reach a point of no return and will probably exceed 5C.”
    "

I understand that there will be some effects and that those will be dramatic for some people. I've been both fortunate and planful in making sure my assets aren't exposed to the effects we can already expect.

We've got a little over thirty years to avoid much worse.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.