Your first paragraph is simply not what I said. On the rest, I...

1. 10,520 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 207
    Your first paragraph is simply not what I said.

On the rest, I suggest you have another go at understanding the difference between climate sensitivity and forcings. And why sensitivity isn't relevant to this discussion. Have a re-read of what I've said and otherwise make sure you do understand the difference between climate forcings and sensitivity.

But, to repeat:

"As I've hinted at already, climate sensitivity isn't relevant here. Climate sensitivity gives us the equilibrium temperature after warming has been initiated by CO2 gasses, when also accounting for earth feedback processes over time.

Equilibrium outcomes are not relevant when you are determining if there is any net forcing to even initiate a change.

The question is, solely, do insolation changes due to orbital variation reduce radiative forcing by enough to offset the (measured) radiative forcing change of greenhouse gasses. Hence is there ANY net cooling effect from the sum of Milankovitch impacts and CO2 impacts.

The answer is there's no net cooling forcing. Measured CO2 radiative forcing is too much for the Milankovitch impacts to overcome. Equilibrium effects and climate sensitivity has nothing to do with it. "
    Last edited by mjp2: 17/07/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.