Firstly, the sun is in a low activity part of the cycle. It is...

1. 2,729 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 164
    Firstly, the sun is in a low activity part of the cycle. It is also warmer than it was in the past, and this will continue to grow in time (until the point that a red giant engulfs the planet). Secondly, all evidence suggests that the average earth temperature will not be able to get to the threshold enough to enter into an ice age, regardless of lifetimes or longer terms, there is not going to be enough drop insolation to counter warming trends and little else in terms of natural cooling effects (volcanoes, axis tilt or even enough reflective land or cloud impacts included). We are currently in the longest interglacial period there has ever been several cycles and it is unlikely to return unless there is a reduction in human influences. If you believe otherwise, you simply do not grasp the dynamics or evidence.

The earth is NOT a closed system, btw.

To be honest, I only happened across this part of the forum as I was curious why a climate topic was in a stock forum.

Bye, I'll stick to watching my "white gold" go up in value while you deny the obvious.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.