how to beat the govt from gouging your super, page-12

1. 9,046 Posts.
    That's my plan'B' lu888....We've got a very large block in the Philippines, Negros Island, just north of Bacolod - on the outskirts of Talisay not far from the new airport. It's in a huge secured compound and all the neighbours are American, European, Australian, and wealthy Filipinos....I've been married to a local for over thirty years....
    Problem is, as much as I like it there.....it's just too crowded, too much crime, everyday hassles for the simplest tasks, and the medical care is pretty ordinary.
    Thailand isn't a lot better - and a bit more expensive. Worked there for a while and go back from time to time. It's ok but has much of the same problems....and unless you speak Thai (which I do reasonably well) you're stuffed unless you're in Bangkok or Chiang Mai or some other tourist haunt. At least in the Philippines most speak English in varying degrees.....
    We'd much rather spend our retirement here in Australia...quality of life is superb....but if it gets too hard...we're off.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.