How to extend the retail sales period

1. 2,950 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    Finally, the retailers are waking up to use the festive periods of our multicultural society as a reason for extending their sales period.

I noticed recently that retailers are trying to encourage sales by promoting the Lunar New Year.

Instead of Woolies starting the sale off hotcross buns so early. Why not extend the sales of thes bun’s by using the Orthodox Easter as an excuse. If my recollection is correct, that would extend Easter sales for a few extra weeks.

I made a similar suggestion on HC in 2016 for extending Xmas promotions to include the Orthodox Xmas.
    Instead off taking down the Xmas decorations by the first of Jan, leave them up until after the 7 Jan.

This would be greatly appreciated by the large Greek population, Russian, Serbian and descendants born in Australia , who generally celebrate twice with their mixed families.

There are more festive periods that could be used as an excuse for sales promotions.

Too many slow thinking CEO’s.
    They expect the dollars, and also expect the underlings to come up with ideas to achieve their bonuses.

Radicool

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.