SAS 0.00% 1.6¢ sky and space company ltd

@PeterKing, How is the company going to raise the funds to...

1. 556 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 98
    @PeterKing,

How is the company going to raise the funds to minimise dilution, especially given that the SP is perhaps lesser than anticipated given the successful launch and comms testing?

I'm not sure of the models the company is considering and I do hope they minimise dilution and come up with some crafty method.

I don't however think an ICO is a good idea or even realistic for several reasons:
    (a) the unregulated environment of ICOs is under scrutiny. Countries such as China, USA, Canada, UK are going through a process of assessing them. China has just banned ICOs (at least until they can work out how to regulate them). This is a regulatory headache we don't need and would be hard if we were to attempt to co-exist on the ASX. It's also the kind of thing that Australians tend to let other countries work out first and then lazily follow suit.
    https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/09/what-are-icos-and-why-are-they-getting-banned-in-china/
    (b) having a kind of dual listed company that is part shares on the ASX and part unregulated ICO creates uncertainty for those who want the security of a regulated sharemarket. I personally have participated in ICOs and have some crypto holdings but choose to also invest on the ASX to manage my risk. The ASX has it's risks, as does the world of ICOs, but my preference is to keep them seperate. This helps me to diversify my portfolio and manage my risk more effectively. I would be reluctant to find myself owner of an asset where I need to manage the volatility of an ICO and its correlation with an ASX listed SP.
    (c) It establishes a different business direction quite far removed from the initial prospectus presented to the ASX. Does SAS become a blockchain company of which the network is simply a component? At present we remain a comms company that produces a network that can be used by blockchain companies and users of blockchains and whoever else pays to use it. By continuing to tick of milestones that are clearly presented the company establishes trust with the shareholders. I invested in a company that is making a network of satellites. I have a list of milestones. They're ticking them off. They're doing great. Potentially changing models into a ICO with token destabilises that trust.

I know the funding issue is on the horizon and hopefully news around the 25-29 Sept of the International Astronautical Congress in Adelaide will complement the funding announcement.

All best,
    D

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SAS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.