; How To :- Grow Your Own Tomatoes :--->, page-58

1. 18,022 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    I think I know who you are talking to. “I’ve built big gardens”. This is how it actually was. I was the one who paid someone to put up the large fences, paid the gardeners and also the person that helped with the propagation house. I paid for and helped put on the covering. I paid for the plants and propagated everything that went into the vegetable garden and through that prop house. I got gifts from friends. I dug and hoed and raked acres on my own and some the gardeners did. He got free board and lodgings and…

yes it cost a lot of money but I earned it and gardening was my great love - over six acres. Every single person who visited heard the refrain from scomo - “I don’t do gardens”

now in my little suburban garden set up has been sort of pricey but the most expensive has been the exquisite hot house built by my son. Other plants and seeds come from trades or the seed library. - for free. I have given away vegetables, fed friends and dinner parties, bottled, dehydrated, frozen and enjoyed leeks, sweet corn, zucchini, tomatoes, beans, chard, pumpkin, melon, cucumbers, cauliflower, broccoli, shallots, peas, raspberries, strawberries, daikon, rhubarb, cabbage, carrots and herbs - and more.

its a riot of colour, it is healthy, abundant and tasty. It has given me pleasure. I’d say I have got back far more from my garden in health, pleasure and food terms than any money I have out laid

anyone who thinks otherwise simply doesn’t know how to find pleasure in life from simple things

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.