SZL 0.00% $24.35 sezzle inc.

This is true but increased retail activity generally comes with...

1. 3,643 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 524
    This is true but increased retail activity generally comes with greater potential for bad debts. We have a hint that Sezzle may be ok based on Affirm and ZIPs US reported delinquency rates staying pretty static. Although Sezzle target a slightly different demographic.

Also a seasonally high December quarter means the outlook for the following quarter for these companies is naturally gonna be lower. Affirm is a good example of this, reporting revenue of $591m for the Dec qtr but an outlook of $530-$550m for the March qtr. I think if you look back at Sezzles previous quarters you'll see a similar pattern too.

Below is Sezzles prev year annual report income statement showing bad debts of $29m and an overall loss of $39m. 2023 results could show a good turnaround but whether it's enough to excite analysts and the market is anyone's guess. I can see that some other fin-techs out there have reported ongoing losses again and suffered a bit of punishment by the market but overall kept their valuations.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5964/5964454-3b856c30078c3605164cad85aac999cb.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.