OZL 0.00% $26.44 oz minerals limited

Wholeheartedly agree Denben.If the Chinese Govt (and let's face...

1. 2,086 Posts.
    Wholeheartedly agree Denben.

If the Chinese Govt (and let's face it, they are infinitely wiser than any we have here) considers the takeover of OZL as a sound and strategic long term investment, then why doesn't our own government consider it to be the same??

Unquestionably IMO, the Future Fund should be tapped to preserve OZL as an Australian company...and I believe that exactly the same thing should occur with RIO. We are talking about the second and third largest mining companies in Australia in RIO and OZL. I have no issue whatsoever if OZL or RIO were to fall to domestic interests, but to allow them to fall into the portfolio of a foreign sovereign government is nothing short of idiocy, and EXTREMELY bad business.

Australia's whole economy and our way of life depends and revolves on our primary industries, and in particular mining...without that, we would already be a third world country.

Whilst there are billions of dollars sitting idle, there is no reason for our Govt not to be injecting those funds into the very businesses and industries which support our place on the world stage, and will continue to into the future...given of course that they are not wholly owned by foreign interests by then.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.