@gumUnderfoot Your well-written response is interesting, insofar...

1. 17,842 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @gumUnderfoot Your well-written response is interesting, insofar that it has allowed me a look into your psyche.
    so you think it essential that priests and the surroundings in which God is celebrated should show richness, gold, incense, oil, burning flesh - to me that seems more like a heathen celebration than a true appreciation of a rational God.

A God who it seems was not averse to subjecting his own son to the worst torture and most demeaning treatment which one could get at the time of Jesus' life - an execution Roman style, as a slave, a nobody.

a God who was unable to rescue his children from concentration camps in many countries, not just Germany, the Russian gulags, North Korea, Africa - and counting, and forgets the many who are nowadays dying from hunger and disease in so many countries of the world, but of, course, they do not believe in Our God - so that's o.k.

I actually believe that we are still evolving and i also believe we will ditch this idea of blood sacrifice, or any sacrifice, which is so crudely enacted in the rituals of some Christian beliefs - we will find unity with a God, once we are worthy of him as truly evolved human beings.

Let's just be decent to one another - is that a possible way to the heart of God?
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.