NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

How to stay positive with this stock?, page-8

1. 742 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 246
    You've said it. it's their tech - it's changing the way organisations work and it's sticky. It's also a race to innovate and reduce capture costs. their existing tech is already hurting the competition but once the next gen cam comes online, I think EV and co will notably hurt more.

Last 2 years have been a rough period, but I'm curious what a greater level of investment in the business will yield - I think their momentum is building and continues to build nicely. I also think the NEA engineering team can innovate and improve the offering, but yes it takes time.

Mgt buying in is a good sign that the insiders think that the suit is hot air.

The value of their tech is also well north of the current MC.

You will note, when any stock hits turbulence you'll always see a spike in disgruntled posters, that feeds the negative loop. Just tune-off. Like the depths of COVID, it was painful, and the hardest thing to do at that time was nothing at all - and you're always gonna be your own worse critic.

It's about now that a contrarian investor would start getting interested. In investing, you never know what's around the corner, but you can't be reacting to everything that comes around the corner either.

If you're unsure what to do, maybe sell a
    tiny bit. Split your holding into a portion earmarked for trading, and another for a much longer term hold, say 2.5 years end of 2023.

I always seem to find when-ever I sell, the stock shoots, and whenever I buy it drops soon after. So I try not to trade much lol. All businesses take time to build. For what's it worth I don't think it's time to sell.

Not investment advice of course.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.