how to track someone down

1. 26,956 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 673
    Hmmm..I was probably a bit naïve...however a person did some paving for me in January, did a great job at a good price. All good he was a battler trying to get ahead...

I needed some more work done but didn't have the funds...
    in feb he knocked on my door looking to do extra work .

I needed about 600 bricks cut in half, and a small wall built...plus a bit of paving with the cut bricks..

he needed money to register his vehicle as it would run out the next day, and money to pay his months rent at his workshop,,,
    We agreed on a price and because he did the other job really well etc, (I am a softy) I paid him half the $$, to help him out.Only recipt is I paid his rego with my credit card the rest was cash.
    The idea was come after his other work during daylight saving and do a few hres each night..as the $$ was for his labour, I had all the materials
    he started that night and dug a lot of earth ready for the small retaining wall...and has not come back since..

its been 6 months...I would speak t him on the phone, he claimed he had an accident was in hospital for 3 weeks, wrote off his vehicle. ..lost his business, and needed to work for a builder. He kept promising , but never showed, weather problems etc..he wont answer his phone now, he has moved from his workshop...
    I have his name...mobile number and ABN...that's it

That's what happens when you try to help someone out... I am getting used to it now..
    out of pocket $1300....grrrrr

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.