GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

how to value a junior gold, page-76

1. 4,618 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    Troyus

with the criticisms in mind can I offer you a thought.

In regards to the general weightings may I suggest you leave those values alone for the user to fill in.

So in your value generating equation may I suggest you reference a 'cell' that is labelled appropriately, this being the location where individual put their own weightings in. You can put a default value in if you like, one that you are satisfied with, but if others disagree with your value or wish to entertain different values then its easy ...... and no more criticism!

Oh, I think the spreadsheet you are developing is of immense value. IT IS A TOOL that is PART of the melting pot various considerations in any appraisal.

For instance, if you had for agruements sake Jervois in the spreadsheet it would probably stick out as an interesting stock (for nickel for example). But the MD appears to be a total ......... So you wouldn't buy Jervois on that basis (sorry holders don't wish to offend).

My thoughts are if you looked at this spreadsheet with a weekly chart (and some indicators) and some notes on the companies 'character' then I would think that the 'roll the dice' chances would be significantly reduced in your favour.

Thanks T if have enjoyed this thread thus far and am looking forward to your spreadsheet. Yes its is a bit of fun (the formula) but such an approach is also worthy of consideration as it is a consistent indescriminant comparitive measure that has not biased any company from the start.

GC

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.