SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

How to win big on Slater and Gordon, page-71

1. 213 Posts.
    Alex, I think by continually pointing to Quindell and Robert Terry you are completely missing the point. You are dwelling on old news and not really dealing with what the company has stated in the last few months. One of the primary issues that I believe is impacting the company is the introduction of Medco. When SGH is reliant on a lot of Fast Track RTA cases resolving in a 6-9 month timeframe and this becomes a minimum 8 months to possibly as many as 12 it is easy to understand the impact that this has on revenues, earnings and cash flow.

If you read this it sounds like the introduction of Medco has been a nightmare for the legal services sector in general (page 13 is of particular interest):
    http://www.apil.org.uk/files/pdf/ConsultationDocuments/3164.pdf

Now all I can go by for my primary source of information is what the company tells me. Maybe I am doing this at my peril however if management has been telling the truth expect the following:

- SGS likely to have initially performed in line with expectations however due to the impact of Medco expected improvements in productivity have been neutralised >>> significantly missing previously withdrawn guidance.

- SGH UK impacted by staff integration and new case management system as well as Medco >>> significantly missing previously withdrawn guidance.

- SGH AUS performing well and maybe doing slightly better than expectations >>> maybe slightly better contribution to previously withdrawn guidance.

- NIHL likely to have been a significant drag on the company's first half performance due to most cases that are expected to be resolved within the 2016 financial year resolving in the second half >>> further impacting on previously withdrawn guidance.

Now with all of the above in mind a minimum two month delay in case processing for a substantial number of cases has the capacity to be a significant event for SGH and I suspect that the above helps to explain why SGH is currently where it is with far greater accuracy than discussions involving Quindell or Robert Terry.

I'd also just like to add that by completely ignoring issues like this (the likely reality of the situation) and constantly going on about VA this and VA that despite the fact that there is absolutely no evidence to support this your posts take on a bit of a nasty tone. Just keep on pushing the fear button though.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.