Angus,As an atheist, I'm no apologist for any religion or sect,...

1. 27,337 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Angus,
    As an atheist, I'm no apologist for any religion or sect, but I would hate to leave you disappointed with zero replies to the claims made in your website so I'll temporarily come out of retirement to provide my understanding.

Christian doctrine was developed over a relatively long period of time due to the efforts of people like Paul who recorded his version in a series of letters. By the time Constantine arrived on the scene scripture was largely settled and what was to be included and excluded in scripture was just formalised.
    It is probably true that Constantine was motivated more by political expediency than by God, so should we see it as a miracle of sorts that Rome embraced Christianity?

It seems that many object to calling those early Christians in Rome Roman Catholics - in my opinion if it were not for work and the sacrifices of these people we would not have Christianity today. I know of no other group that came close to achieving what these people achieved.

Some Christians seem to think that it is important that the Christian Sabbath be celebrated on a Saturday rather than on a Sunday. My understanding is that the reason that it landed up on a Sunday was because many early Christians were Jews who celebrated the Jewish Sabbath on Saturday - Sunday was chosen to avoid the clash.

---
    Of course, what I as an atheist post won't change the mind of a single Christian, but changing the mind of Christians is not my intention which is mainly to provide an alternative point of view to the anti-CC views which are doing the rounds.

I'll now retreat back into retirement to complete my recovery from Covid.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.