It's a good article. I would be interested to see an article...

1. 36,864 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    It's a good article. I would be interested to see an article written by the same person today looking at how things have changed in that time.

In 2013 there wasn't an ev industry . Just a few projects as engineering exercises really.

Now, all the major car and truck manufacturers ( and others ) are developing and moving to electric drive. While there is a low CO2 emission driver here, the main reason for this industry shift is because of Musk imo. He has proved through sheer doggedness and innovation that it can be done. That is an incredible effect by one man. It is a bit Henry Fordish I reckon.

But, it doesn't just stop there.

Because of that emerging ev industry, many other industries are being disrupted as well. The rapid development of battery technology is impacting everything from electricity storage ( Hornsdale wind farm ) to autonomous vehicles that will revolutionize mobility for the disabled and handicapped. The list goes on........

So, when you have people like Musk, you have change. All sorts of change. Change that is viral.

He is an unusual combination of drive, intelligence, money and that magic something else. It's probably his drive that sets him apart though. There are plenty of people that share his ideas and innovation philosophy. There are plenty of people with that sort of money. But, I can hardly think of anyone that has his drive. He is unusual in that he obviously gets his pleasure from what he is doing. Others create industries but also have diversions like fame, trinkets etc.

Musk doesn't seem to worry about that. To the point recently that he announced he is selling all his real estate because it is " weighing him down ". It seems his practical engineering mentality overrides everything. Not many billionaires sleep in the office at the factory . Musk does when things are getting tough.

Musk, Besos, Gates, Branson. All different but similar in effect. I think it's their dogged determination combined with a bit of lucky success early on that helps them develop their street skills into a force that can't be stopped.

Note. Most of these people had failures initially. But for some reason they just keep on going. Henry Ford is a prime example of that.

We are so lucky that people like that are around.

Worth a watch if you've got the time. Warning. There's probably a couple of swear words.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.