My theory is.... shouldn't governments want to help companies...

1. 21,411 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 257
    My theory is.... shouldn't governments want to help companies make more money and employ more people so they can then tax the extra profits and the extra workers thus increasing revenue?

Then the other side is that Governments should get value for money out of our tax dollars rather than waste a large % of it because of inefficientcies and lack of productivity, Turnbull put the ABS under pressure for the plebicite and they saved over 15%, i'm sure they could do this accross the board if they tried and then they would have more money to spend. The more they tax the more they spend and then 6 mths later they come back and want more, we are still at stimulus spending levels of the GFC, no one seems to have cut back to normal levels of spending yet they say the economy is good these days!, someone is having a free lunch somewhere imo.

I would rather they come up with policies that let companies expand and grow creating wealth and jobs for the country, then the Tax office would increase it's revenue naturally without burdening the place with higher taxes.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.