IPM incremental petroleum limited

how would you rate the risk, page-3

1. 924 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 596
    Jesimore,

No doubt the Turkish location has put a few buyers off. Will be perceived as a negative factor - for a while anyway. IMO it's misguided and I'm fully invested (at least up to my waist).

Turkey now has a very strong secular democracy and an independant judiciary grounded in the "rule of law". It may well be stronger than many an old stale democracy.

To highlight, there was recently an attempt to outlaw the governing party (despite a majority of the population voting it in) - through a legal arguement that this party was religiously biased, and thus unfit to uphold Turkeys secular laws.

The government (the party under attack) did not attempt to subvert the process despite the devious politics behind the attempt. The legal system ran its course and finally confirmed that the secular laws must be upheld, cautioned the governing to do that, and left them in office. A great result all round.

Can you imagine (for example) the US Republican party allowing a court to decide if it should be disbanded on the grounds they were pro christian! Its all a matter of perception.

Is always the remote chance of a random attack I guess, but I suspect the company is well thought of in the area. All part of the risk / reward assessment. IMO the likely reward (at these prices) far outweighs the risks.

Regards PE

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IPM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.