NUH 0.00% 8.1¢ nuheara limited

HP Media Thread, page-10

1. 9,164 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 793
    This is very interesting marketing as we know there are PSAP , OTC hearing aides which have limitations and have been designed for a lower level of hearing loss and full blown hearing aides which cove the full range of hearing loss.

I am surprised that all OTC advertising. promotion and websites etc doesn't have to haveOTC limitation disclaimer etc etc. It is sitting in a regulated space now . Penalties are large if they are poorly advised.

From a marketing perspective "looks nothing like a hearing aide" is interesting. Noit sure exactly what population segment they are targetting but for example IMO most people with hearing loss don't want to make their " disability" more obvious and like discrete solutions. So in ear or discrete behind ear solutions may find quicker adoption. Shame those avaliable have pretty poor features in many cases and not great value for money. That is opposed to a large bulky obvious earbud. Just not sure how the acceptance will go. In a work environment IMO a discrete hearing aide is well understood and accepted however wearing earbuds is not as othe people communicating with that person can't know if they are being listen to or the wearer is listening to musivc etc, Earbuds will forever be seen to be linked to music , phone call etc.Seen as rude by teh oldguard having earbuds in when having a conversation same as wearing sunglasses etc. The older the generation the larger this inbuilt discrimination so adoption on large format earbud OTC hearing aides may have large hurdle and many generations to gain acceptance.

Battery life - young people are OK with average batterylife and recharging etc etc as they have grown up with expectation that at the volume level and accessory level they expect it is a inconvenient fact of ownership. . Older generations want a all day 16 hour product not carrying around charging cases etc, I really do wonder is somoene will use NUH technology in a behind the ear format OTC aide and actually target a existing market sector in older age group where there is high demand rather than the bud style that I think will be low acceptance . .

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4846/4846684-51109f46de20d0d326e0dd165b07a35b.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NUH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.