NUH 0.00% 8.1¢ nuheara limited

Quote: "But HP and Nuheara's efforts to "simplify" the Hearing...

1. 4,226 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44

Quote: "But HP and Nuheara's efforts to "simplify" the Hearing Pro for a more senior, assumedly tech-phobic audience lowers its functionality and value".

It's a pity they removed the on-bud touch controls. I use those all the time on my iQBuds Max, often on the spur of the moment.
    I wouldn't want to reach for my phone, log in, and open apps if it's in my back pocket or in another room etc.

Some examples:
    Pausing music when someone wants to talk to me, then returning to music.
    Skipping music tracks, usually while I'm out for a walk. What about the risk of dropping the phone?
    Flipping between "home" and "driving" mode to get the best result in certain noise conditions.
    Flipping the "world" on or off depending on wind conditions when outside.
    etc.

Having said that, I do recognise that many people well into their senior years might want to simply talk to friends or family around a table and hear the TV better. But there is also a market for somewhat younger people who are are more comfortable with tech. And we shouldn't underestimate older people getting enthusiastic friends or family to help with setting up.

IMO, a better approach would be to keep the on-bud controls but leave them un-programmed. If the user decides to program the touch controls both methods of control become available so there is no added complication for the user.

BTW, I'm over 70yo.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NUH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.