PLT 0.69% 72.5¢ plenti group limited

Have any of the HPV experts on this thread had a look at the...

1. 880 Posts.
    Have any of the HPV experts on this thread had a look at the Genera Biosystems float? I just started researching yesterday.

My initial thoughts are:

1) If PLT hits its truscreen hurdles in the current year, then PLT will do better next 12 months than Genera, however
    2) Genera's initial pathway to market for its product through relationship with Sonic looks easier than PLT's need to actually change medical practice before either truscreen or cerviscreen become accepted.

Therefore, on balance i think that Genera is lower risk.

However - Genera's lead product seems to be the sort of test that PLT must use as part of the "back end" of their cerviscreen product - ie. once the sample is back in the path lab?

I have previously tried to understand exactly what technology PLT has to do the test as a) if they had a good product that is as good as Digene then it could be a huge source of value for PLT, and b) if they don't have a good test that they own themselves then it seems to be an area of risk for PLT. . . but it was very hard to understand whether their test was really commercially useful/valuable. [i don't doubt that it is very accurate as PLT claims, but some of the most accurate tests are just too expensive & cumbersome to actually get support from pathology businesses] Ultimately i gave up on this exercise as it was just impossible to get a full picture based on PLT disclosures or other available information.

Seeing the GBI float come to market brought this issue to mind again. I wonder how the GBI test compares with the PLT test??

if anyone has feedback i would love to hear it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.