LYC 2.86% $6.11 lynas rare earths limited

No8, EN will have his fourth anniversary with Lynas next month,...

1. 19,584 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4970
    No8, EN will have his fourth anniversary with Lynas next month, hardly a newbie, and as COO he's had as much influence over build & operate as anyone else.

I'd suggest most have punted here without researching the complexities of this business. Lifton for one has written numerous articles on operational risk and the trial & error the Chinese went thru to develop their production techniques.
    Appears everyone is quite happy ignoring the fact that Moly is going thru what sounds like identical issues, to the point they are now shipping CONCENTRATE AWAY from Mt Pass.

And that is despite the FACT that they have SIXTY years prior experience with Mt Pass ore. Not one Ann, or any info, re product acceptance by customers, other than the vague "selling La into FCC" & "talking" to Detroit re 2015 CC requirements, while the Ce piles up at the back door.

Not for a second suggesting Lynas's performance has not been disappointing but if I contrast their ROW peer they are miles in front in many segments of the business with a far superior business plan. They still need to prove they can execute it, and I'd say they are very much aware of that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.