HRR 0.00% 4.5¢ heron resources limited

I personally worked in electrical maintenance in the past and...

1. 8,373 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 875
    I personally worked in electrical maintenance in the past and from my experience if the work was done in-house by employees it was always far superior to any work that was outsourced to get done. Employees generally care more about the work since it is an ongoing way for them to provide.

With all respect to contracting staff, some of whom are very hard working there are those who only care about getting paid - and not so much about getting the job done right.

The fault often lies with management though, since they hold the purse strings and want to get a job done in the cheapest possible way - shame they never seem to learn that quality costs.

Wasn't fully aware of Woodlawn's circumstances but am not surprised - have seen that sort of stuff elsewhere and never - never bodes well longer term.

This plant should be humming along nicely - it's a damn shame - makes you wonder whether the top brass would be happy with grandiose plans for their residence to be carried out by the 'cheapest complying tender' process where substandard work may be carried out - I think not - and yet they seem to be happy to do just that in a publicly listed company. Kicking out management won't fix the plant but would stop them getting paid from the company.

Holders here have been treated with utmost disregard and disrespect - cost overruns, plant underperformance issues, capital raisings resulting in massive dilution - and an idle plant with an idle workforce and still bleeding whatever little cash left coupled with C-19 and a low commodity price environment - talk about a perfect storm. I suspect more funds will be needed to fix issues - that is if financiers don't pull the plug prior. If that were to happen than another mob will pick up the carcass for a song and with time fix the issues and run a profitable enterprise for other beneficiaries.

If you were to take a pen home from work you could be accused of stealing and be held accountable - management of some companies can misappropriate or mismanage funds by poor decisions and the only accountability they may have is at the ire of shareholders and at best they are removed and move on with their payouts to other companies.

Apart from the above, I feel for holders and wish you all the best. Of course as always, AIMHO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HRR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.