BOC 4.44% 47.0¢ bougainville copper limited

http://www.pngindustrynews.net/mining/news/1310341/bcl-panguna-extension-denied, page-11

1. 349 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    @Danehill

Your claims about BCL's failure to cultivate relations with SMLOLA are simply wrong. You ignore the fact that the ABG itself recognised Daveona as the chairman until Miriori and his boosters saw an opportunity to derail the process. The then recognised SMLOLA leadership were set to sign the MoA along with the other eight landowner associations supporting BCL. Had that not been disrupted BCL would now be getting on with the job. When the dust settles I suspect sanity will prevail and BCL will still be in the tent. There remains a very strong grouping of customary landowners who see BCL as the most sensible developer and who absolutely reject both Miriori and Daveona. Momis' own characterisation of a "narrow divide" suggests BCL has a fair rump of remaining support, the claims of "overwhelming rejection" are pure spin. As I said previously Miriori is hardly sighted in Panguna and the inconvenient fact that the court has insisted that mediation continues simply reflects the court is not satisfied that the marriage of convenience between Miriori-Daveona does not satisfy the broader membership.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
47.0¢
Change
0.020(4.44%)
Mkt cap ! $188.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
48.0¢ 48.0¢ 47.0¢ $266 560

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5187 46.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
48.0¢ 1340 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.39pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BOC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.