I like batteries. The $404 million for the 1000mWh for ten years...

1. 4,244 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 707
    I like batteries. The $404 million for the 1000mWh for ten years is possibly a bit steep. Noting it starts as a "Greenspot is likely to develop the battery in at least two stages, firstly with a 300MW facility – most likely with two hour storage, depending on market conditions – and hopes it can become part of a new industrial facility at the site"

2 hours storage only is not really 'BIG' in my thoughts . It is helpful. If it goes ahead? "The Neoen project is still in the planning approval process, and would seek to plug into the same sub-station. It is not clear if both projects would go ahead at the same time."

The pumped hydro at the end of the announcement are interesting as well .

I cannot get past the German EU$400 billion of wind and Solar over the last 20 years is not able to provide much at all in their real current mess.
    The price of power and the massive reduction in supply occurring now and the real risk they have for industry and their coming winter is an extreme example of what not to do.

To get rid of coal here has to be a priority. All C02 free power should be considered rationally not from a political stand point.

My 2 RFX flow batteries and solar can keep my business running for hours or days if the conditions are perfect.
    The NSW Scoping report suggest 1 to 2 hours cover. I assume that is IF everything is perfect.

Not anti Lithium batteries - my car uses them The life span and battery management and the possibility of a BMS failure or fault bricking or burning is a issue which needs to be considered with Lithium batteries

All options should be on the table is all I am suggesting. Germany's current position is not where we want to be. The 3 Nuclear power plants they had planned to turn off in December is being reconsidered carefully now.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.