ALM 0.00% 0.9¢ alma metals limited

Since late June Goldman Sachs rates coal as Attractive from...

1. 391 Posts.
    Since late June Goldman Sachs rates coal as Attractive from Neutral. Coal is a solidly commodity as nuclear options are waned down further since March 11, Germany, China and US have pared down their nuclear power ambitions - so their only alternative is Coal.

Competing with the gross inadequacy of power generation of India (they are still subject to blackouts), this will continue to place upward pressure on the price of coal until further Indian projects in Africa come online (which are expected to be around when we come online as well).

Price is moving down today IMO as people expect profit-taking and short term weakness in the DOW and S&P to lead to further ST downward pressure on the price of AFR, however, those who have an opportunistic view and carry longer term visions will come in AFR when they sense that market forces have stabilised - which I think is the 41c mark. But I still hold with conviction that any price below 50c is a BARGAIN to be exposed to the anns expected soon.

There is no real reason why the market should be down today (save, profit-taking), so anyone buying today would be laughing imo. I'm waiting for my tier 2 purchase at 40c. If it goes up, I win; if it goes down and I get more shares at a lower price, I win as well (based on my conviction of a 85c price target by end of 2011).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $13.04M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.0¢ 1.0¢ 0.9¢ $15.8K 1.75M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 719460 0.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.0¢ 7521574 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.38pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.