WES 0.13% $68.95 wesfarmers limited

huge profit increase for wes, page-21

1. 5,732 Posts.
    I get the feeling that this thread is a no win situation. It seems to have views of short term traders and long term holders mixed up.

In my case, WES is a set and forget stock for the longer term. Every now and then when I think the price has got ahead of itself I'll sell and buy back on a dip. But it's not one of my short term trading stocks. It does better than the bank and has less risk of violent fluctuations than many shares.

There are much better stocks for trading IMO. In my situation, WES is for the super fund to park money that I've accumulated where it will have better growth prospects than interest in a bank account (I bought at a good price). Traders of large parcels can trade it successfully, but there's just not enough in it for smaller parcels of shares (although last year I made a few bucks from trading it when there was more volatility).

The price has dipped a bit with the annual report, but not a huge amount and hardly worth the effort of the trade. If someone sees the opportunity to make a few dollars after the ann then that's good - that's what the market is all about.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WES (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.