TAW 0.00% 31.0¢ tawana resources nl

*** huge upside in only a few weeks! ***, page-4

1. 3,567 Posts.
    Hi Chas,

that's my thinking too. I normally stay well clear of small explorers but the geologists are convinced this is a major discovery amounting to millions of ounces of diamonds. Pity TAW only get 30% but that could easily be worth $10-$20 a share. They have the resource, it contains run off from the massive Finsch diamond mine (i.e. kimberlite) and the channels are similar to the massive alluvial discovery that started the great african diamond rush.

Check out this extract:

"The Daniel JV holds around 70 per cent of the ground surrounding the Finsch kimberlite diamond mine near Kimberley which has been operated by De Beers since the mid 1960s and is currently producing 2 million carats/year. A Falcon™ survey has been flown over the whole area and this is by far the biggest feature discovered. It lies beneath around 30 metres of chalcrete so there is no evidence of it at surface. However it is shown up clearly by Falcon™, and not just as an anomaly but in a format which demonstrates gorges, bends, waterfalls and rapids according to Philip Chisholm of Tawana. All the places, in fact, where alluvial diamonds are likely to have been dumped when the ancient river flowed millions of years ago.

Two lines of percussion drill holes 4 kilometres apart have already confirmed that the palaeochannel is 2,000 metres wide and interpretation of the Falcon™ data indicates that it has a length of around 7 kms. Add to this the fact that both drill lines intersected ancient gravel horizons up to 28 metres deep and the conclusion has to be that there are hundreds of millions of tonnes of these gravels, not just a few million. On top of this drilling of two Falcon™ anomalies within the palaeochannel intersected a couple of pothole structures which were twice as deep and averaged 5 hectares in area. The palaeochanel stems from an area close to the Finsch mine where the host rock changed from a harder banded iron formation into a softer country rock. This helps to explain how the river system came into being and why the river bed gravels can be expected to be diamondiferous."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TAW (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.