CMR 0.00% 15.0¢ compass resources limited

hunan to the rescue, page-15

1. 2ic
    5,941 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4974
    I was in CMR for some time as you know and sold out at $1.60. Something I am obviously happy about, not bitter thats for sure, but a lot of the speed of the price drop in CMR has been to do with a market crash. I just didn't see any upside at $1.60 but plenty of downside if things went wrong in the bear market we were in.

I don't make a habit of critiquing other stocks I don't as you can verify looking at my history. Having spent a lot of time coming to understand the projects, company and investment case CMR remains an interest and possible investment for me. I looked at $1 and let it go posting my reasons. I looked again at mid 35c and decided against it, again posting my reasons. No one can deny the CMR saga is a gripping ride and full of suprises.

Bottom line though is I see it so completely differently to Oly and some others that I just feel compelled to add balance to the cheer squad views. My views are negative but always based on the facts and sensible interpretation. No one has to agree with my interpretation and you can always put me on ignore. The entire investment case presented here revolves around HNC buying the company and saving the shareholders. To be honest I just don't get how a loss making Oxide plant with large con-note debt is a good thing. Even today's announcement while buying time seems to me like getting another credit card to pay off the maxed out card due for payment. I digress.

I enjoy putting my views up and challenging the convential wisdom and CMR is such an enigma. I try and only post when material things are happening, either market of announcement specific. Although I know I won't make friends doing it I also don't want to fight. Believe it or not although it shits when I am run-down out of context or mis-quoted I treat HC as largely a forum for testing one's investment hypothesis and keeping sharp during a sometimes boring market. Fight the good fight but respect the dead.

CMR to me is such an obviously floored investment case relying on a goodwill takeover it just doesn't fit the risk:reward parameters of this current market. If you all make money and I don't so be it, you certainly have the scars to prove it was well deserved.

I will continue to float around as the story unfolds over the years. I will continue to call it as I see it. I say it is a sell into this bounce but everyone will make up their own minds. Oly is a well respected and very persuaive poster with the credibility of sticking with his calls and seeing it through. He says it's a strong buy.

goodluck

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CMR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.