I made this observation on a different thread about another...

1. 15,713 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 445
    I made this observation on a different thread about another topic, and it is probably the subject of its own thread on some topic that doesnt exist in HC, but it is turning into a bit of a fascination for me.
    True believers of anything diametrically opposed cant possibly be inhabiting the same reality. There is no way that a person who is a die hard trump supporter is even capable of seeing what a trump critic sees, and vice versa.
    The same has to go for flat earth, moon hoax, anti vax or any of the other top 10 polarizing conversations happening all over the internet these days.

I am honestly starting to believe that we genuinely only share certain commonalities in our versions of reality (like a background canvas), and then the other details are filled in by our belief structures and perception. And by this I dont mean we filter out what we dont want to hear, I actually mean I think we create actual parallel universes where our belief structures are genuine.

I know it sounds ridiculous and sci-fi, but I feel like recent discoveries by the James Webb Telescope and also the Large Hadron Collider seem to confirm that on both the quantum scale AND the macro scale, the "observer effect" is a real thing. At the quantum level, energy doesnt decide if it is a wave or a particle until it has been observed, and electrons can only exist in a cloud of probabilities. There is no bassline version of reality that exists without our intervention. Likewise, at the macro level, the JWT has been discovering things that are destroying our understanding of the universe, such as galaxies that pre-date or exist outside of the big bang universe.

It really is as though we are scientifically discovering what ancient mystics believed, that the old "we create our own reality" maxim was in fact literal.

So yeah, I am really starting to think that Trumpers are for real when they think he is smart, they see a completely different version of him to the one we see, and not in their opinions, but in actual reality. The superman on the trump NFTs is not ironic. That is who he is in their universe, and they genuinely dont comprehend how goofy and inept he is in our universe.

This post wasnt intended as a joke, I am really honestly intrigued by this idea, especially with the exponential rise of Flat Earthers on social media.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.