QBE 0.35% $16.89 qbe insurance group limited

huntey's recommendation from etrade, page-36

1. 3,062 Posts.
    zzzz-i have a library of trading strategys, and analysis,charts and analysis,patterns,metastock i have subscibed to things like paritech,gt financial and oh so many others---analysts are the ones i really like they dont like falling out of bed with their competitors so they base a lot
    of share values on sector relevant p/e.

buffetts book snowball was enthralling and you learn the opportunity lay largely in the times and a particular skill capital allocation,peter lynch one up on wall street,george soros excellent reading,any or all books by dr alexander elder.

after reading lots some of which i have given to others interested in the asx---by far the most informative having gained insight into buffett ,grahamites,charting oh i forgot daryl guppy is interesting---but the most informative has been"trade like a hedge" by JAMES ALTUCHER.

the next series of books will be based on turtle trading,and the one sure thing i have learnt is every system will work in the right environment they just wont all work at the same time or pace and all have "risk",
    i look at charts these days using specific criteria but in the main for price entry and exit i use vwap and percentile falls,generally will only buy at a predetermined entry point generally calculated long before the opportunity if the opportunity is ever presented.

my aim is to extract cash for the remainder of my life,it is not an imperative to be able to boast i am worth so much,when in reality the market does most of the wealth creation--i am certainly not even modestly wealthy but will be wealthy if i develop enough knowledge to trade effectively,thus providing an income ,an interest,and a feeling of independence not related to a material life,
    so i hope this helps.

and yes i am now sitting on qbe but always with an open mind its not the beginning of a love affair

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QBE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$16.89
Change
-0.060(0.35%)
Mkt cap ! $25.37B
Open High Low Value Volume
$16.93 $17.01 $16.83 $109.5M 6.488M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 568 $16.88

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$16.90 17000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QBE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.