HiHighly entertaining thread!I am not sure that we want to live...

1. 18,124 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 168
    Hi

Highly entertaining thread!

I am not sure that we want to live in the sort trigger-happy society the Americans 'enjoy', where every man and his dog seem to own a gun.

Just remember the disaster in Tasmania; Martin Bryant. I guess the 'Greens' obsession with banning guns could stem from that - also remember John Howard's reaction!! People have short memories.

I have a friend who regularly went spear-fishing for many many years. A couple of years ago he told me that he now just dived for pleasure and wasn't keen on killing even a beautiful cray.

He shoots rabbits on his farm from necessity (too many of them) and I get the odd one to cook - yumms - kills his own sheep for family supplies - does not like doing it, but it's part of the deal.

I am still uncertain who to vote for and gun laws one way or the other are not going to influence me greatly. I feel some sort of balance system needs to be in the Senate though - still have to think that through. Bob Brown was the only one who seemed to reflect a lot of people's concerns, but then again, he doesn't have to do anything, does he? Talk is cheap.

I just think this whole election campaign was a bit of a fizz-off - nothing substantial or able to be substantiated in advance by either party. I have had a rising sense of frustration with both and have stopped listening; letterbox material goes into the bin immediately. THEY are not going to solve any real problems; we, as individuals need to think and decide about the way we live on this planet, and that includes gun laws - join rifle clubs, observe what the people in your environment are up to; watch and report 'nut' cases.

Being Western Australian I still think about giving the Libs my vote, just because of the mining tax, even though last time ..... well never mind.

Cheers

Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.