GZI suspect you are over estimating when you said 75% of diners...

1. 13,068 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18
    GZ

I suspect you are over estimating when you said 75% of diners would pull their weapons. Not that many Americans carry weapons - certainly can't remember them when I was dining in New York, LOL. And the various massacres in America prove that to be the case.

I do not know anyone who owns a gun (to my knowledge). If I suddenly had a desire to get a gun to kill people what would I do? No gun laws - go out and buy one and kill people. Strong gun laws. I can't get one except illegally. I don't know any crims either, so I can't get one illegally either.

You mention Switzerland - it's gun death rate is more than double Australia's and Australia's is more than 6 times England's gun death rate and 40 times Japan's gun death rate, both countries that have very strict gun control laws.

I can understand your frustration as a legitimate gun owner but the reality is that strict gun laws do protect most of us from being the victim of guns. Restriction of freedom for some for the benefit of the majority - always a tricky decision.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.