HUO 0.00% $3.71 huon aquaculture group limited

The documentary was made by the same people who made Cowspiracy....

1. 389 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 596
    The documentary was made by the same people who made Cowspiracy. We're not talking about neutral, independent, fact-seeking actors here. The film makers are (in my opinion) hard core vegans with an axe to grind. They start with a premise that animal products are bad, then set out to prove their hypothesis by showing primary industries in as bad a light as possible . They were only ever going to arrive at the conclusion they did. There are some genuine concerns, but no industry is perfect. I suppose we should close the mining industry and shut down the energy industry as well!

You're absolutely correct. The ocans are being over-fished. I blame the Chinese fishing fleets which seem to have the attitude of taking anything not nailed down and to hell with everyone else. The world's population is growing, and only sustainable industries like aquaculture will be able to meet its nutritional needs in the future.

A sensible approach would be to not vilify companies like Huon and Tassal but to encourage more aquaculture -- which is sustainable, and reduces the need for fishing fleets to strip the oceans. Unfortunately the unrealistic, inflexible vegan bias of the film-makers doesn't allow such a compromise.

I am long Tassal. Not a holder of Huon. Good luck to all long term holders here.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HUO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.